Danielle Szetho is CEO of FinTech Australia, the national fintech industry association. She is dedicated to building a supportive and collaborative fintech policy platform that will realise Australia’s ambitions of being a world-leading market for fintech innovation and investment.
Driven by her organisation’s vision to foster an ecosystem of supportive partners and networks so Fintech companies can thrive and grow, she confesses that meeting and working with bright minds is the best part of her role!
Danielle joined FinTech Australia from Fairfax Media where she was Industry Head, Banking and Finance. Prior to this, Danielle held management roles at leading Media brands such as Fairfax, News Ltd and Fox Sports. Danielle holds an MBA (Executive) and a Bachelor of Digital Media from UNSW.
During her career she has cultivated a diverse set of skills from leadership roles in functions such as Strategy/Transformation, Business Development, Product Management, Data Analytics, Advertising/Marketing and Design/UX and it is this unique skill set that has led to the phenomenal success seen at FinTech Australia since it’s inception in 2016.
Danielle is a member of the ASIC Digital Finance Advisory Committee and is on the Steering Committee for FinTech Victoria. She is also the FinTech Track curator for SPARK Festival Sydney and is a passionate advocate for Women in FinTech.
- Global Fintech Policy / Regulatory trends
- Open Financial Data / Open Banking and Comprehensive Credit Reporting
- Neo/Digital Challenger Banks
- Australia’s Fintech Regulatory Sandbox
- Equity Crowdfunding
- Digital Currencies and Blockchain
- Disruption and Transformation of the Media and Banking industries
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud strategy and Big Data
- Digital Advice and Banking the Unbanked